'Pithy' pattern idea - you will have to adjust the pattern to the size of your book and yarn you are using
- you start with one row of chain (stitches?), it should wrap 1cm around the top and bottom of the book cover
- 2 or 3 rows of single crochet (this will be at the inside of your book to 'hold' the cover in place - so make it as long as you need to), 1 row of slip stitch (that should be where the inside 'turns' to the outer side), 2 or 3 rows of single crochet
- double treble crochet to the end of the cover page (again, length depends on your book size)
- for the 'back' of the book you do again 2 or 3 rows of single crochet, one row of slip stitch for the break (if you wish, you don't really need to) and 2-3 more rows of single crochet
now you are at the back cover page
- double treble crochet to the end of the page (leave room for 2-3 rows of single crochet)
- 2-3 rows of single crochet, one row of slip stitch, now for the inside of the book 2-3 rows (or more if needed) of single crochet
- Now all the way around one row of single crochet and one row of slip stitch to make the crochet pattern a bit more even (in the photo I only have one row of slip stitch)
(the 'around' row is meant as some sort of a border to even out the uneven crochet bobbles that you will have.
Like, when you crochet a square, two sides will have uneven edges. Just crochet along those edges and you have a nicer 'border')
- sow the corners together
- crochet a row of slip stitches (like a loop), sow it to the back of the book cover and sow a button to the front
Please test in between, if you have the correct length and width!